Call for Special Session Proposals at the Latin American Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics - LACIAM 2023 - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Proposals of special sessions at LACIAM 2023 are welcomed by the Organizing Committee. Early submission of proposals is encouraged: good proposals will be approved on a regular basis before the deadline, so that session speakers may be invited with enough time to make travel and funding arrangements.
A proposal should include :
• the names, affiliations and contact information (including email addresses) of all the organizers, with one organizer designated as “contact organizer",
• a title and a brief presentation of the topic and scope (up to one page),
• the list of speakers.
Each special session will consist of slots of 4, 8 or 12 talks of 25 minutes.
It is encouraged that the list of speakers includes at least two mathematicians from different countries in Latin America. Preference will be given to proposals whose list of suggested speakers represents diversity in all aspects. The topics should be broad and fairly well represented throughout Latin America.
Deadline for special sessions’ proposal submission: August 5th 2022
Decisions on sessions’ proposal are expected to be taken and communicated by August 31st 2022
Proposals and further inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject LACIAM/sessions before August 5th 2022.
Call for abstracts for poster presentations at the Latin American Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics - LACIAM 2023 - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Abstracts for poster presentations at LACIAM 2023 are welcomed by the Organizing Committee.
The areas of interest of the event are all the disciplines of Applied, Computational and Industrial mathematics including, but not limited to, the following fields:
1. Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing
2. Control and Optimization
3. Discrete Mathematics
4. Statistics, Probability and Stochastic Methods
5. Partial Differential Equations
6. Dynamical Systems and Nonlinear Analysis
7. Data Analysis and Machine Learning
8. Game Theory
9. Applied Mathematics in Computer Science
10. Mathematics of Life Sciences (including Mathematical Biology)
11. Applied Mathematics for Industry and Engineering
Deadline for abstract submission: August 31st 2022
Decisions on submission are expected to be taken and communicated by September 30th 2022
LateX template here
Submissions and further inquiries should be sent to email@example.com with the subject LACIAM/posters before August 31st 2022.